That Red House certified organic Soapberries (also called Soap Nuts) are the natural alternative to traditional chemical laundry detergents - and only cost 1/3 of your mainstream detergents to use.
They can also be used as a concentrated all purpose liquid soap.
The dried shell of the fruit of the Sapindus Mukorossi tree is exceptionally high in 'saponin' which is nature's soap. Straight from nature to your home to clean your clothes the natural way!
- Place the equivalent of five whole soap berry shells in the small cotton bag.
- Add bag to normal washload.
- Use warmer water for heavily soiled loads (40-60 degrees).
- Re-use the same shells for approx. four more loads.
- If you prefer a scent on your laundry, pop a few drops of your favourite essential oil on the wash bag (such as lavender or eucalyptus).
- When finished, shells are thin and brittle, at which point they can be added to your compost to break down naturally.
- You can also make a multi-purpose liquid by boiling the berries for 15 minutes, and use the liquid for anything, from shampoo to a cleaner.
- Money saving. Soap nuts cost around 10c per wash load for a 1kg bag. Compared to conventional washing powders, they can save you a great deal over the course of a year. Data supplied by That Red House.
- Hypo-allergenic. Perfect for those with sensitive skin or allergies.
- Anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and odorless.
- Packaged in resuable draw string bag with small wash bag.
250g (90+ washloads).
100% Australian owned company.
USDA and ECO CERT certified organic.